Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Dirt Comes Out....


  You Know, I Was Thinking About An Experience I Had Many Years Ago When I Was Really Deep In Prayer. We Had Always Heard Of How Bad The Crucifixtion Was. But As I Was Praying, I Found Myself In Some Ways Transported To That Time And Place. And I Could See The Mocking That They Shouted At Him. And I Thought, What If That Was Me? Could I Have Even Endured That Much? And Knowing That He Was The Son Of God, That With Just One Word, Could Have Ended It All? Would I Have Been Able To Restrain Myself That Much For The Very Ones Spewing Hatred At Me? ..And Then I Saw The Beatings And Scourgeing. It Was The Most Horrible Thing I've Ever Seen In My Life. To Think This Man Was Innocent And Going Through This Much Abuse For A Complete Wretch Like Me, When With But A Single Word, He Could Have Ended It All....
  And Then Carrying The Huge Wooden Cross, Heavy Timbered And Splintered, Digging Deep Into The Already Lacerated Flesh Of This Innocent Man Who Spoke About Nothing But Love And Righteousness.
Lugging It Step By Painful Step Up The Steep Gravel Road. Then To Be Painfully Nailed To That Very Same Cross, When With But One Word, He Could Have Ended It All....
  And Then To Die A Slow, Agonizing Death While Being Mocked Still, And Yet To Suffer Quietly, Even Asking Forgiveness For Them. Could I Have Done As Much If I Was In The Same Position? Or Had That Same Power At My Command?
  What A Deep, Agonizing Love He Must Have Had That He Would Go Through All That For Us? Could We Have Done As Much? And To Know That With One Word, He Could Have Ended It All......
.........Think On It..........<3'n Jesus,k.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave your Comments because I am always Interested in what people are thinking. Always Welcome....