Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Yes. I Believe In Jesus. Still Flawed, Yet Searching For The Diamonds Of Life...


   My Son Mentioned Something To Me Yesterday From Our Past. And I Realized Suddenly, How I Had Not Acknowledged It.
   I Remember The Day I Sat In The Physician's Office With Him As I Sat Stone Faced And Resolute Against The Drone Of His Voice That Told Me My Only Son, Last Remaining Heir To My Name, Had Stage 4 Cancer. "6-12 Months". My World Changed. No One Wants To Lose Their Own. You Would Rather Lay Your Own Life Down.  My Vision Has Focused Much Inwardly Lately.
   I've Focused On My Own Issues A Little More Than I Usually Have, Rather Than The Lives Of Those Around Me. Life Is A Challenge. Day By Day Now For Many Of Us Around The World. We're Beset With Spiritual Issues, Mental Issues, And For Many, The Worst Of All, Physical Issues Or Situations Beyond Their Control.
   Tomorrow's My Birthday. I Turn 58. (OOO! So Scary!)
  In The Last Year, After Decades Of Excellent Health & Good Genes, I've Been Diagnosed With Parkinson's, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Clinical Depression, Hospitalized Twice For Pancreatitis ( 3rd & 4th Time), Was Separated From My Wife (30 Years This February 28th.) Over 1/4 Of Last Year Due To Hospitalizations, Been Financially Ruined And Recently Had    My Neurologist Personally Call My Insurance Company To Demand An MRI For A Recent Seizure And Possible Brain Tumor.
 (Update: Results Are Negative From Neurologist, But May Have High Blood Pressure Damage) And, Been Financially Ruined.
   And Yet Jesus Still Sits Upon His Throne.
    He Is My Hope.
    He Is My Glory.
    He Is My 'Breath Of Life'.
    He Has Kept Me Through Every Tragedy In My Life.
   And Yet To Still Stand Again And Again.
 My Youth and Vigor For Life Increases By The Day Now
   I Step Outside And Smell The Fresh Air. I Stand In The Sunlight, Although It's Been Much Brighter Lately Than I Remember Years Ago. I Feel The Cold Wind Blow On My Face At Times...and Hear The Bird's Singing Outside My Front Door, Calling Me To Share Some Bread With Them.
   Much Like Many Around The World Today.
   I've Never Had To Have Plastic Surgery To Change Who I Have Been Designed To Be, Other Than My Skin Graft For A 3rd Degree Burn When I Was 16 & Stupid. I've Never Died Yet, Though Being Through Countless 'Life & Death' Situations In Life. I've Never Fit The 'Mold' For Having A Normal Life.
   And Yet The Good Lord Has Seen Fit To Keep Me Alive, Perhaps Just To Tell Of His Greatness, His Forgiveness, And Most Importantly, His Love.
   58 Years Of Living On A Planet That Seems More Confused Now Than Years And Decades Gone By. Gone Are The Days When The Only Issues You Had Were With How You Behaved, Or Appeared To Behave, Within The Latest Norms Established. And From Youth, Fighting For Acceptance, In a World Gone Mad With Peer Pressure From Consumerism, Technology, Entertainment And Sudden Separation Of Races. A Great And Noble Ideas To Build Life On.
   Tribal Values.   
   But Loss Of Growth, Love And Wonder.   
   You've Been Given One Life.
   Treasure It.
   Treasure Others.
   Treasure Life Around You Instead Of Possessions.
   In so Doing, You Fulfill All Of The Law.
   Treasure Life Today.
   ...<3'n Jesus Always,k.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave your Comments because I am always Interested in what people are thinking. Always Welcome....