Monday, December 19, 2011

What Is It To Be A Man?


 What Does It Mean To Be A Man? I've Had A lot Of Years To Think About This Now. I Was In My Teens When I Thought To Be A Man, You Had To Have Muscles Like Schwarzenegger And The Cool Suave Of James Bond. Then My 20's Hit And I Became More Socially Conspicuous And Partied Like The World Would End The Next Day. To Be A Man You Had To Outwork, Outdrink, And Outsow-yer-wild-oats Better Than Anyone Else. Then, My Perspective Changed Again When After All Of Aforesaid Deadly, Dangerous, Detrimentally Physical, Emotional, And Spiritual Devastation I Had In My Life, When I Met Someone. How Is It Explained? It's Like Hearing About Some Famous Rock Star Or Celebrity, And You Think You Know Who They Are By All The Different Forms Of Media That Are Everywhere And UnEscapable, It Seems.
   But, The Truth Of The Matter Is, When Most People Finally Meet That Person, They Realize They Are Not Necessarily Who They Are Portrayed To Be. They Are People. They Love. They Hurt. They Laugh. They Cry. And They Are Suddenly In Your Eyes, More Human. The Person I Met Was This Guy I Had Always Heard About And Laughed A Lot Of It Off, Jesus....Oh, I Know, Most People Have Heard That Before. And They See Eventually How Phony And Hypocritical Most Of Those People Who Proclaim This Particular Person As "Lord", In My Opinion, Don't Know Him Any Better Than They Personally Know Kim Kardashian. And I Met Him One Day. No Astounding Trumpets Or Glorious Appearances. But, When I Finally Listened To What He Had To Say, I Gave Up Trying To Be A "MAN", And Learned From Then On What It Meant To Truly Be A Man......

    TO BE CONTINUED......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave your Comments because I am always Interested in what people are thinking. Always Welcome....